1) Request the Fair World Project publication for free distribution
Distribute "For a Better World" for free at your business, organization or center of worship. "For a Better World," a free semi-annual publication, is the first of its kind. Featuring articles from a variety of perspectives; from farmer workers to 100% committed fair trade brands to deciphering certification schemes and trade organizations, "For a Better World" is an excellent resource to educate consumers.
Click here to request copies of "For a Better World" for distribution
Click here to download a free PDF of "For a Better World"
2) OCA’s Fair World Project Tour: Fair Trade and Beyond in Nicaragua June 17, 2011 – June 25, 2011
Please join the Fair World Project (FWP) and Maggie’s Organics to explore the promise and challenges to Fair Trade in Nicaragua. Join FWP on our inaugural tour to Nicaragua where together you will learn from the growers, the workers, and the families about their lives and working conditions. As the second poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, and one of the most beautiful as well, Nicaragua provides a clear window into the stark distinctions between Fair Trade and so-called "Free Trade."
* San Augustin and Malpaisillo, women’s agricultural cooperatives
* El Porvenir Coffee Cooperative, see how opposing sides in the civil war are working side by side today
* Esperanza en Accion, a fair trade craft cooperative
* Ginning and Spinning Coops
* Managua, Granada, Leon Cultural tours
* Relax in beautiful Laguna de Apoyo