GlaxoSmithKline is preparing to sell billions worth of swine flu drugs this year. Their swine flu vaccine will be available by September, and international governments are already stockpiling large supplies of GSK’s anti-viral treatment Relenza.
Worldwide sales from the two drugs are expected to be enormous, but the company rejected claims it was exploiting the pandemic.
GlaxoSmithKline has also developed an anti-viral face mask, which is expected to be used by people such as “front line health workers.”
Click On Detroit July 17, 2009
Dr. Mercola’s Comments:
According to recent media reports, some 160 million doses of swine flu vaccine are slated to be delivered to the U.S. by fall; enough doses to vaccinate a large portion of the U.S. population. The U.K. government has placed advance orders for 60 million doses.
But that’s probably just the beginning if sanity does not take hold soon.
According to Margaret Chan, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO), vaccine makers could produce nearly FIVE BILLION pandemic flu shots per year in the best-case scenario.
And according to Business Week, wealthier countries like the U.S. and the U.K. will pay just under $10 per dose, while developing countries would pay less.
If these facts hold true, Big Pharma stands to gain up to $49 billion a year on the swine flu vaccine alone.
You might know that I am a native Chicagoan. Our most famous senator of course is now President Obama. But one of the most prominent senators preceeding him was Everett Dirksen.
Senator Dirksen passed away 40 years ago, but I remember him saying very clearly when he was talking about Defense Department spending:
“A billion dollars here and a billion dollars there, and before you know it you are talking about real money.”
I realize that with the current economic crisis $50 billion doesn’t seem like a lot but it really is. These companies stand to earn about $50 billion PER YEAR from these vaccine recommendations.
Is it any wonder you’re being bombarded with scary messages about the significant threat posed by swine flu? The swine flu vaccines stand poised to be absolute Blockbusters if this hyped up vaccine drive is successful.
According to the Guardian article above, the first human trials have begun in Adelaide, Australia, where adult volunteers are receiving vaccines from two pharmaceutical companies.
However, don’t mistake reports of human trials as a sign that safety measures are in place. Far from it.
GlaxoSmithKline has actually stated, “Clinical trials will be limited, due to the need to provide the vaccine to governments as quickly as possible. Additional studies will therefore be required and conducted after the vaccine is made available.”
Folks, how could this be anything but a prescription for potentially massive disaster?
Unfortunately, many people will not realize that when they line up for this vaccine, they are in fact accepting their role as TEST SUBJECTS. They are likely NOT receiving a drug that has any proof of being safe.
Please, if you care about the health and welfare of your friends and family, do not be shy about sharing information about this vaccine with them. It’s imperative that we quell this mounting drive to mass vaccinate, especially the mass vaccination of children.
There are factors involved with this vaccine that are brand new, which means it will be highly experimental and unpredictable.
For example, this vaccine will not be made using the methods of the past. In order to speed up the cultivation of the virus and the manufacturing process, they’re using human liver cells instead of chicken eggs. Whether this new procedure is better or worse than the old method, I can’t say.
However, I believe it’s probably safe to say even the vaccine manufacturer does not know the answer to that question, since it’s never been used before and they have not had time to conduct any human testing. So, it’s Russian Roulette, if you ask me.
Most of the vaccines created will also include thimerosal (mercury), and the toxic adjuvant squalene, both of which have been clearly shown to carry significant health risks.
Why Safety is of No Real Concern for Vaccine Makers
Do you believe safety is a major concern for vaccine makers?
The last swine flu vaccination campaign that took place in 1976 led to thousands of lawsuits. Damage claims totaled $1.3 billion. The vaccine claimed 25 lives and hundreds of previously healthy young adults were crippled from Guillain-Barré Syndrome. The swine flu itself claimed ONE life.
This time around, the U.S. government has taken steps to ensure this will not happen again. The financial liability, I mean.
Vaccine makers and federal officials have been rendered immune from lawsuits. Should anything go wrong with this current vaccine they will not have to pay a single cent to anyone,
Complete and total insulation from any legal actions thanks to effective manipulation of the US legal system through effective lobbying.
You may already know that since the 1980s, vaccine makers have been protected against lawsuits stemming from the use of childhood vaccines. Now, for the first time, they can wash their hands of any hazards stemming from a flu vaccine AND any associated adjuvants, such as squalene. The antiviral drugs Tamiflu and Relenza are also included in this protective legislation.
The 2006 Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (the PREP Act) allows the DHHS Secretary to invoke almost complete immunity from liability for manufacturers of vaccines and drugs used to combat a declared public health emergency. The PREP Act removes your right to a trial jury unless you can provide clear evidence of willful misconduct that resulted in death or serious physical injury.
And get what you have to do BEFORE you can sue them — you must apply for and be granted permission to sue by the DHHS Secretary.
So what does all this mean?
It means that a) you agree to be a human guinea pig, and b) if your health suffers, you have virtually no legal recourse whatsoever. Believe me, no one will take responsibility for what happens to you or your child once you’ve been injected with this experimental vaccine.
It also means that at this point, a) vaccine makers have no financial incentive to make a safe product, and worse, b) they have a negative incentive to test it for safety.
Because if they KNOW there are problems, they could potentially be held liable for willful misconduct!
As long as they can prove they “didn’t know” of any problem, they will not be liable for damages. Hence it’s in their best interest to know as little as possible about the adverse reactions it might cause.
It is a topsy-turvy world, but that is the reality we’re faced with today, and that’s why I believe the ramifications of this mass vaccination campaign may turn out to be far worse than anyone’s willing to consider.
Are you prepared to let yourself or your child to be an unpaid test subject in an experimental drug trial with no guarantees of any kind?
Let it be well known that if you place your sole trust in your health officials and the vaccine makers, the potential price you might pay is your physical health and financial future. Everything is at stake. So, think carefully, and choose wisely, because once the damage is done, there’s no one to address your complaints.
Are the Swine Flu Numbers Correct?
Another area of concern is the reported number of cases of swine flu. What IS the real number?
Did you know that in the U.K., for example, they now appear to be collecting swine flu data online and via the phone, based on nothing but self assessment?
How can this contribute to an accurate picture of the spread of this disease?
Remember, the swine flu has nearly identical symptoms as the regular flu. The only way to know for sure is through laboratory verification of the strain.
Symptoms of the swine flu include:
* Fever of more than 100
* Runny nose and/or sore throat
* Joint aches
* Severe headache
* Vomiting and/or diarrhea
* Lack of appetite
The British government’s National Pandemic Flu Service consists of an online form that assesses your symptoms, and if you’re deemed to fit the swine flu profile, you’re issued an authorization number to collect an antiviral from your local Antiviral Collection Point.
According to the Guardian, about 100,000 Brits caught the swine flu last week; nearly double the previous week’s figures.
But did they really contract the swine flu?
Or did the vast majority of them simply have a case of the sniffles, or a seasonal flu bug? Without laboratory confirmation, no one will ever know, but they sure are using those numbers to scare you!
Combat Battle Fatigue with the Two Paths to Sanity
As mentioned in Regina’s Blog above, another problem many are facing right now is information overwhelm, followed by battle fatigue as you weed through the propaganda and misinformation, trying to figure out what’s true and what’s not.
Eventually, this can lead to complacency, which I believe is the ultimate goal of the propagators of this campaign.
They want you to give up, shut up, and get shot up – so they can make billions of dollars, all without assuming any risk whatsoever.
This is not an option for any of us if we are to stop this inhumane, if not criminal, violation of our rights.
Instead, I suggest focusing your energy on the following two paths to sanity:
1. Take care of your health to protect yourself against any kind of influenza, and
2. Take a stance and make your voice heard politically
Here’s a quick rundown of how to do both.
How to Protect Yourself Against the Flu Without Vaccination
Following these simple guidelines will keep your immune system in optimal working order so that you’re far less likely to acquire the infection to begin with.
* Optimize your vitamin D levels. As I’ve previously reported, optimizing your vitamin D levels is one of the absolute best strategies for avoiding infections of ALL kinds, and vitamin D deficiency is likely the TRUE culprit behind the seasonality of the flu — not the flu virus itself.
This is probably the single most important and least expensive action you can take. I would STRONGLY urge you to have your vitamin D level monitored to confirm your levels are therapeutic at 50-70 ng.ml and done by a reliable vitamin D lab like Lab Corp.
For those of you in the U.S., we hope to launch a vitamin D testing service through Lab Corp that allows you to have your vitamin D levels checked at your local blood drawing facility, and relatively inexpensively. We hope to offer this service later this year, but in the meantime you can get your vitamin D levels checked inexpensively by going to this GrassrootsHealth D*action.
If you are coming down with flu like symptoms and have not been on vitamin D you can take doses of 50,000 units a day for three days to treat the acute infection. Some researchers like Dr. Cannell, believe the dose could even be as high as 1,000 units per pound of body weight for three days.
However, most of Dr. Cannell’s work was with seasonal and not pandemic flu. If your body has never been exposed to the antigens there is chance that the vitamin D might not work. However the best bet is to maintain healthy levels of vitamin D around 60 ng/ml.
* Avoid Sugar and Processed Foods. Sugar decreases the function of your immune system almost immediately, and as you likely know, a strong immune system is key to fighting off viruses and other illness. Be aware that sugar is present in foods you may not suspect, like ketchup and fruit juice.
* Get Enough Rest. Just like it becomes harder for you to get your daily tasks done if you’re tired, if your body is overly fatigued it will be harder for it to fight the flu. Be sure to check out my article Guide to a Good Night’s Sleep for some great tips to help you get quality rest.
* Have Effective Tools to Address Stress . We all face some stress every day, but if stress becomes overwhelming then your body will be less able to fight off the flu and other illness.
If you feel that stress is taking a toll on your health, consider using an energy psychology tool such as meridian tapping techniques, which is remarkably effective in relieving stress associated with all kinds of events, from work to family to trauma.
* Exercise. When you exercise, you increase your circulation and your blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are also better circulated, which means your immune system has a better chance of finding an illness before it spreads. You can review my exercise guidelines for some great tips on how to get started.
* Take a Good Source of Animal-Based Omega-3 Fats. Increase your intake of healthy and essential fats like the omega-3 found in krill oil, which is crucial for maintaining health. It is also vitally important to avoid damaged omega-6 oils that are trans fats and in processed foods as it will seriously damage your immune response.
* Wash Your Hands. Washing your hands will decrease your likelihood of spreading a virus to your nose, mouth or other people. Be sure you don’t use antibacterial soap for this — antibacterial soaps are completely unnecessary, and they cause far more harm than good. Instead, identify a simple chemical-free soap that you can switch your family to.
* Use Natural Antibiotics. Examples include colloidal silver, oil of oregano, and garlic. These work like broad-spectrum antibiotics against bacteria, viruses, and protozoa in your body. And unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, they do not appear to lead to resistance.
* Avoid Hospitals and Vaccines. In this particular case, I’d also recommend you stay away from hospitals unless you’re having an emergency, as hospitals are prime breeding grounds for infections of all kinds, and could be one of the likeliest places you could be exposed to this new bug.
Keep in mind that virtually all vaccinations will LOWER your immune system (this is the main job of the vaccine adjuvants), NOT make it stronger!
How to Make Your Opinion Count
First, I strongly recommend you continue to educate yourself about influenza strains, vaccination risks, and the public health laws in your state that may require you or your children to undergo either mandatory vaccination or quarantine.
For a brief but comprehensive report on the history of mandatory vaccinations in the U.S. as well as the current laws in place, read the five-page CRS Report for Congress titled Mandatory Vaccinations: Precedent and Current Laws.
If you live in the U.S., I suggest you:
1. Visit the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) and join the fight against mandatory vaccination.
2. Read about a proposed self-shielding/self-quarantine bill and send a message to your local legislator here. (You can learn more about self-shielding and social distancing at this link.)
Last but not least, make the necessary preparations to self-shield/self-quarantine in the event of a swine flu outbreak in your area. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
* Store a two-week supply of food and water in the event you can’t get to a store or stores run out of supplies.
* Make sure you have a supply of any prescription drugs you take on hand.
* Talk with family members and loved ones about how they would be cared for if they got sick, or what will be needed to care for them in your home.
* Get involved in community efforts to prepare for an influenza outbreak.