The Seals of Nam
Working to save Africa's only indigenous species of seal
- Categories: animal rights
- Address: Caledon Map
- City, State: Cape Town, Country: South-Africa Postal Code: 8000
- Phone: +27768753545 Fax: Not Available
- WebSite: http://sealepic.weebly.com/
- Email: The Seals of Nam Contact: Pat Dickens
The Cape Fur Seal is a threatened species, appearing on Appendix II of CITES. They have suffered a tragic loss of habitat over the last 60 years and several mass die offs have reduced the population by up to a half.
In Namibia, 85 000 nursing pups are beaten to death each year for their fur while 6 000 adult bulls are shot at point blank range so their penises can be used to make ineffective aphrodisiacs.
Less than 100 people are employed in this annual massacre. They earn below minimum wage. Our organization is fighting to end this carnage and to better the lives of the economically disadvantaged in Namibia.
- Online Ordering: Yes
No comments yet
your comment about The Seals of Nam
Solicitations Will Not be Added