Heritage Grass-fed and Grass-finished Beef
- Categories: Organic meat / seafood
- Address: 10245 Cowpasture River Road Map
- City, State: Williamsville, Virginia Country: United States Postal Code: 24487
- Phone: 540-925-2308 Second Phone: 540-925-4400 Fax: Not Available
- WebSite: http://www.BerriedaleFarms.com
- Email: Berriedale Farms Contact: C. Nelson Hoy
Berriedale Farms is located in the Cowpasture River Valley of Virginia and among the highlands of the Appalachian Mountains. Nelson Hoy and Lizzie Biggs together have made life-long commitments to preserve the unique grass-fed genetics of Red Poll cattle – recognized by the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy as a threatened heritage breed. We endeavor to raise the healthiest and the most flavorful, tender and juicy grass-fed and grass-finished beef anywhere east of the Mississippi River. And our vision is to become the small family farm of choice for 100 households.
Red Poll cattle at Berriedale Farms are raised on native grasses, legumes and forbs, and further, finished on grasses.
Berriedale Farms does not give our Red Poll cattle growth hormones, prophylactic antibiotics, or insecticide implants.
Berriedale Farms ensures that our Red Poll cattle have free access to the same cool, clear and pure water that Nelson, Lizzie and our guests drink at the farm house.
Red Poll cattle at Berriedale Farms have free-choice access to essential minerals and salt.
Berriedale Farms treats its Red Poll cattle in a humane fashion – i.e., we do not use herd dogs, electric cattle prods, or separate individuals from their herd.
Red Poll cattle at Berriedale Farms are given the best veterinary care possible, including: vaccinations, antibiotics, surgeries, and multifaceted fly control measures.
- Berriedale Farms allows its Red Poll cattle the time, space and forage necessary to achieve their natural physiological maturity. In other words, we will not rush to market and sacrifice grass-fed quality for the economy of throughput.
Nelson Hoy and Lizzie Biggs are conservationists and the farm and forest lands, water and river, and heritage livestock breeds of Berriedale Farms are governed by a progressive conservation easement held by The Nature Conservancy.
- Online Ordering: No
No comments yet
your comment about Berriedale Farms
Solicitations Will Not be Added